Our manure comes from organic pasture fed horses, their diet is not supplemented with feed and the manure has been meticulously collected and aged especially for mushroom cultivation purposes.
While the manure may be the star of the show, we have carefully selected the following additional ingredients in our mix, each complimenting the manure and producing what we know as the best blend of casing mix to date!
Each 2.5 pound bag of Premium Manure-Based Casing Mix comes fully hydrated, vacuum sealed and includes the following:
- Organic pasture fed equine (horse) manure
- Coir (Coco Coir brand)
- Shredded wheat straw
- Spring water
- PH stabilizers/buffers including Gypsum, hydrated lime
- Our special mineral blend
Each bag of our manure-based casing mix is vacuum sealed and goes through our new liquid immersion pasteurization system for 2.5 hours. This process precisely monitors the core temperature eliminating harmful bacteria while preserving the beneficial ones.
Mushroom Casing is a non-nutritious moisture retaining layer to spread on the top and bottom of your mushroom substrate. This method is generally referred to as the "Bulk" method, Monotub or Monotek; this is alternative way to fruit your spawn bags or jars. We provide easy to follow instructions on how to use and create your bulk grow.
Our Manure-Based Casing mix should be used within 45 days, but can be stored in the fridge for up to 90 days or longer. This casing should not be frozen.
Start by using the following substrate amounts:
- 1 spawn bag per 2 bags of casing mix (using our 5grain or Rye spawn bags)
- 1 of our Quick-Colonizing 5-grain Jars (Pint and half size) per 2.5 pound bag of casing mix
- 3 Jars per 2.5 pound bag of casing mix (using our 1/2 pint substrate jars)
Overall Customer Rating of 29 Reviews: